- In humid atmosphere, the ionic contamination is transformed in electrolyte, catching moving ions which can create failures on electronic assemblies (dendrites, bad insulation).
- The ionic contamination test will point out these risks, qualify assembly process and will extend product life and reliability.
- Process is at first to clean efficiently the specimen using chemistry 2-Propanol and de-ionised water (75/25 or 50/50) while analysing continuously contamination development in the cleaning solution running in close loop tubing.
- Measurements are driven by PC. The operator registers the sample dimension and dips it the tank.
- The test is fully automatic and contamination results are given vs time.
- The chemistry is regenerated after each test by filtration.
- Test chemistry circulation is obtained using a free maintenance pump and a set of valve providing the possibility to switch from regeneration to test circuit.
- Very sensitive conductivity cell (0,0001 μS/cm) with integrated temperature probe can detect very low contaminant even on very small samples.
- Sophisticated software offers the possibility to record and compare results with International Standards.
- Tank size:- 350 x 290 x 80 mm
- Chemistry:- 50 or 75 % IPA / DI water
- Resin:- Swappable cartridge containing 1 litre of resin
- Measurement range:- from 0.01 to 20.00 μg Eq NaCl / cm²
- Sensitivity:- 0.0001 μS/cm or 0.003 μgEqNaCl/cm² for a pcb of 100 cm²
- Power supply:- 230VAC 50 Hz , 110VAC 60 Hz in option
- Weight:- Approximately 35 kgs
- Overall dimensions:- 510 x 315 x 590 mm (LxWxH)
Typical Screen dump
Click for large view