Fume Extractors for Electronics Manufacturing Processes
- Carbon Monoxide
- Volatile Organic Compounds (V.O.C)
- Abietic Acid
- Pimaric Acid
- Aliphatic Aldehydes
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Isopropyl Alcohol[/one-third]
The following require fume extraction:-
- Reflow Ovens
- Selective Soldering
- Wave Soldering
- Hand Soldering
- Rework, Repair and Education
- Laser & Robotic Soldering
- Conformal Coating
- Solvent Applications
Purex fume extraction systems are designed in conjunction with some of the worlds largest Contract Electronics Manufactures and Equipment Providers to help:
- Prevent damage to production machinery.
- Reduce downtime for cleaning and maintenance
- Protect personnel from harmful fumes.
- Reduce product rejects due to poor production performance.
- Maintain a constant extraction rate to ensure stable temperature profiles.
- Deliver long filter life.
- Interface with the production equipment
After initial consultation Purex/Blundell engineers can visit a site free of charge to carry out a survey* and to suggest suitable designs and solutions.
*England and Wales only
Machine Selection Guide
|38mm Arms||Cleancabs||Cowls||Number of||Extract Volume||Extract Volume|
|Max No.||Max No.||Max No.||Soldering Iron Tips||Required m3/hr||Required m3/hr|
|FumeBuster||–||1 or 2||1 or 2||1**||–||–|
|FumeCube Lite||1 or 2||1 or 2||–||–||–|
|Purex-200||up to 3||1||2||up to 30||–||–|
|Purex-400||up to 6||1-2||Up to 4||–||–||–|
|Purex-200i||up to 3||1||Up to 2||up to 30 (Heavy Duty)||–||–|
|Purex-400i||3-6||1-2||Up to 4||–||–||–|
|Purex-2000i||10-15||6-12||6-10||–||Below 1200||Below 2000|
|Purex-5000i||20-36||12-24||up to 20||–||Over 1200||Over 2000|
1. The selection is based on the use of a standard connection kit.
2. Longer pipe runs may require a larger extraction machine.
3. ** Point-to-point soldering machines only, not suitable for handheld tip extraction.
4. Continuous use may require a machine with larger filtration capacity.
5. Contact Purex for further advice.
6. IMPORTANT: Choose a vacuum control machine for Arm and Tip extraction and a volume control machine for other applications.