Ionic Contamination Tester
These measures are necessary to check the cleanliness of boards and assemblies after cleaning, or in case of new solder process parameters (no clean process, conformal coating, lead free alloy with new activator), for quality control and approval.
- In humid atmosphere, the ionic contamination is transformed in electrolyte, catching moving ions which can create failures on electronic assemblies (dendrites, bad insulation).
- The ionic contamination test will point out these risks, qualify assembly process and will extend product life and reliability.
- Process is at first to clean efficiently the specimen using chemistry 2-Propanol and de-ionised water (75/25 or 50/50) while analysing continuously contamination development in the cleaning solution running in close loop tubing.
- Measurements are driven by PC. The operator registers the sample dimension and dips it the tank.
- The test is fully automatic and contamination results are given vs time.
- The chemistry is regenerated after each test by filtration.
- Test chemistry circulation is obtained using a free maintenance pump and a set of valve providing the possibility to switch from regeneration to test circuit.
- Very sensitive conductivity cell (0,0001 μS/cm) with integrated temperature probe can detect very low contaminant even on very small samples.
- Sophisticated software offers the possibility to record and compare results with International Standards.
- Tank size:- 350 x 290 x 80 mm
- Chemistry:- 50 or 75 % IPA / DI water
- Resin:- Swappable cartridge containing 1 litre of resin
- Measurement range:- from 0.01 to 20.00 μg Eq NaCl / cm²
- Sensitivity:- 0.0001 μS/cm or 0.003 μgEqNaCl/cm² for a pcb of 100 cm²
- Power supply:- 230VAC 50 Hz , 110VAC 60 Hz in option
- Weight:- Approximately 35 kgs
- Overall dimensions:- 510 x 315 x 590 mm (LxWxH)
Typical Screen dump
Click for large view